Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Five Daily Prayers -- Prayer Number Five

Prayer Number 5. Use me for your glory.

I live for God’s pleasure, seeking to please God in all respects.

I was created for doing good works. I aim to be zealous in doing good for God and for others. Faith without action is dead. I want to be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord, and serving the Lord by serving others. My ultimate goal is doing everything for God, so God gets the attention and the credit. Whatever I do, I do as unto the Lord, using the gifts he has given, to extend his kingdom in large and mundane ways, in service for my King. I want God to use me.

These five prayers have shaped my prayer life. More accurately speaking, I might not pray these prayers seven days a week. But I do find my heart often returning to these familiar prayer thoughts and themes with such regularity that they often become daily.

Listen to your own heart. What prayer habits have you established? What anchors in prayer have you developed? What themes dominate your prayer life? Let us together be people of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment