Monday, February 14, 2011

Five Daily Prayers -- Prayer Number Four

Daily Prayer Number 4. Lead and guide me today.

As the new day stands before me, I need God’s guidance. I need direction in organizing my to-do list and in responding to needs that arise. People, projects, conversations, opportunities, assignments, communications, the planned, the unexpected. I seek God’s staff of leadership to direct me.

God guides me with his eye upon me. He guides me with his peace. God will work out his work through my work. My plans committed to God will be reached. When I get to the end of the day, I can be assured that I have accomplished everything God wanted me to accomplish. For regular days, I seek to follow God’s agenda for my life that day. For difficult days, I remind myself that God will bring nothing into my life except by his love and sovereignty. I seek God’s guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment